Sunday, February 18, 2007

Confidence, or better put, lack of it.


Walking down the street the other day, I saw this car and had to take a picture. I seriously would like to have the confidence of this car. My greatest weakness is my lack of confidence. Because of this I know that I’ve missed out on many opportunities because I was too afraid to try. This year I'm putting my confidence in God and hope that he will make a better use of my life for me than what I’ve made of it so far.

A few areas I would like to work on are my confidence in my work, my appearance, and my ability to share Christ with others. I know that my biggest critic is myself. I listen too much to comments that other people make or don’t make and then my imagination and emotions run wild with them. I need to stop trying to please other people and concentrate on making God happy and I believe this will make everything else will fall back in place.

I’ve recently come to the conclusion that all my confidence has come from relationships that I’ve been in. My whole life I’ve gone from one relationship to the next searching for someone to make me happy. Realizing this is a crazy way to live, I’m going to try being on my own for a while. I think it will give me time to grow and heal. No relationship will ever have meaning if I don’t value myself.

1 comment:

Grateful Heart said...

Hi Sarah,

I'm not quite sure how I stumbled upon your blog, but I'm glad I did. I've read some of your posts and I'd like to offer something that might be helpful. I'll ask that you approach it with an open heart and mind and see if any of it resonates with you. I know we all go through periods of sadness and pain, but joy, peace and inner happiness should, and can, override that more often than not. Please visit on www.EverythingIsEnergy.com and click the "Radio" button. Under Archived Shows, find the call with Gay Hendricks which talks about using energy to heal relationships. There are many meaningful points that I think you may find helpful.

All the Best,
Grateful Heart